As I was digging up memories of my time living in Strasbourg France for my book this evening,

As I was digging up memories of my time living in Strasbourg France for my book this evening,

I remembered meeting the last known gay “triangle rose” or Pink Triangle holocaust survivor, Rudolf Brazda. The impact on me is part of the general reasons I identify as gay subsidiarily with my identity as a celibate Christian. The plight and oppression of gay people is real and we must remember that very history that Jesus on the Cross identified with and overcame.

As a 21 year old who had just come to Christ only recently before from a life of gay activism, little did I know that when I met Brazda, he would die only months later in 2011. The providence of it is striking. Attending his book launch in the Librarie Kléber in the heart of Strasbourg was precious and ineffably impacting as I listened to his deportation and concentration camp stories. All 30 people gathered in the upstairs of the book store were in tears. There was something of Christ’s love with this man. I look forward to recounting the experience in a chapter of A War of Loves coming out September 2018. His life stands as an example of why all people, especially Christians should face the atrocious evil and hatred so many gay people have experienced. We still speak to little of this reality in our churches, and too much about identity politics. I pray and hope we would never see this kind of systematic evil on this planet ever again, and that stories like Brazda’s would be etched on the heart of the Church of Jesus Christ.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In Uganda their way of life is different and their ethics of marriage is not comparable as to other culture.

cheating partners

Please i need advice on this, post for me I am married with 2 kids ,

After 37 years of marriage.

As a WOMAN, once you PLACE your VALUE on MONEY

The WW1 Sexual Liberation.

I am a mother of two children I am 26 years old I am also married this is the fifth year,

Meet Lisa Spark, the Woman Who Broke World Record For Sleeping With 919 Men In 12 hours

Please i need advice on this, post for me I am married with 2 kids ,

Few different aspects of Islamic history, but it's people usually hide it. (Homosexuality) ISLAMIC ECONOMIC??